[Qgis-developer] crashing, autosaving, and 1.0

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 04:11:06 EST 2009

2009/1/27 icosa atropa <icos.atropa at gmail.com>:

> * Use the working directory by default, or allow for configuration.
> You can't depend upon the existence of /tmp on windows, etc.

 I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible at first! I don't want
it to end up trying to be smart and saving revisions of qgis projects
for each project you are working on - it's purely an emergency
recovery tool. If you want to save revisions then you're probably
better off using SVN or git.

> * Where is it?  I added 3rd party repositories, but i still don't see it.

 It's not working well enough for use yet - I spent last night
starting to work out how to save settings in Qgis and projects. You
can look at the code on my google code repository:

http://code.google.com/p/bsrplugins/source/browse/#svn/trunk/autosave

 and if you want to suggest any improvements they would be welcome -
but the code itself doesn't do anything useful at the moment. Maybe
later this week I'll package a release and put it in my plugin repo.

Barry