[Qgis-developer] Mac build missing QtWebKit.framework

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 30 13:43:00 EST 2009

right - size is an issue - how about a separate install?

The other question is: Webkit is present on every mac anyway - can we
somehow re-use this webkit and let qt reference/re-use this already
installed webkit somehow?

I don't know if this is possible ...

Andreas

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Ah, that was intentional, because Qgis doesn't use it.  There was a
> similar issue with someone needing some Qt sql plugins (still haven't
> figured that out).
>
> Odd that it worked in preview 2, because I didn't include it in that
> either.  And it doesn't look like Tom's all-in-one binary includes it.
>
> I'm hesitatant to include it.  My main consideration is size -
> QtWebKit adds a whopping 25MB to Qgis (almost a quarter of its current
> size).  hmmm...
>
> I'll let my brain ponder this...  I'm a little scattered right now
> between GRASS and Qgis issues...
>
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 11:55 PM, Aaron Racicot wrote:
>
>> William,
>>
>> I am a mac idiot, so excuse me if this is something I am overlooking.
>>
>> I am writing a python plugin that utilizes the new webkit support in
>> QT>=4.4.  The plugin is working on my linux and win boxes and I
>> hopped on my
>> mac to try to do some testing.  With the preview2 build I was able to
>> access
>> the QtWebKit from PyQt4 on my mac, but now that I have updated all the
>> frameworks and installed the 1.0 release from your site I get an import
>> error for my plugin.  Looking in the 1.0 release package it seems as
>> though
>> the QtWebKit.framework has been left out.  Basically the easy way to
>> tell if
>> support is there is to open the python console from within qgis and try:
>>
>>> From PyQt4 import QtWebKit
>>
>> Was this intentional?  If not, is it possible to get you to add
>> support for
>> the standard QtWebKit in Qt 4.4+ in the next bundle?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Aaron

> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6
CH-8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
Switzerland