[Qgis-developer] Bug in Attribute Table for Postgis Data Sources

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 2 09:56:46 EDT 2009

yes - this seems to be the case. The geometry column is the problem. It
works fine for tables where the geometry column is at the end but fails
for tables where the geometry_column is at the beginning.

Should I file a bug on this?

I consider this a major bug that should also be backported to the 1.1
release. I think this wasn't a problem in the 1.0 release, since this had
a different table implementation - am I right?

Thanks for your help,
Andreas

On Tue, June 2, 2009 2:04 pm, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Tue, 02. Jun 2009 at 13:40:31 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> The funny thing is that I can only reproduce the bug for some tables,
>> not
>> for all.
>
> Does that only happen for columns that are located after the geometry
> column?
> Most tables probably have the geometry as last column as the attributes
> are
> created first in CREATE TABLE and the geometry column later with
> AddGeometryColumn() on the existing table.
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-20
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/
http://www.svgopen.org/