[Qgis-developer] Problem compiling with SpatiaLite support

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Fri Mar 27 05:21:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:40:18 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote
> Does spatial lite provide all the same features of sqlite3 with spatial
> extensions added?

YES: SpatiaLite simply extends the basic SQLite core, adding spatial features.
So, the basic and standard SQLite's capabilities are absolutely untouched and
fully preserved anyway.

> Is there an amalgamated (all sources in a single file) version of
> spatiallite as there is for sqlite?

Not yet: but this one really is a splendid suggestion. I love this idea.
I'll start exploring this ASAP, and I don't foresee any serious obstacle.

> If there is can I suggest that we replace the amalgamated sqlite3
> sources I put into QGIS sources some time ago with the spatialite
> amalgamated sources and change cmake to always use the internal copy
> of spatiallite?

Splendid. This will definitively solve any build issue related to
SQLite/SpatiaLite.
I find this solution is simple, effective and really smart.

bye, Sandro