[Qgis-developer] different proxy-types

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 5 11:10:38 EDT 2009

Hi Stephan,

As far as I know, the different types you listed are just the types that
qt offers as proxy types. In most cases, the "Default Proxy" or the
"HttpProxy" should work fine. I some special cases, other proxies may have
to be used. I think it is very specific to the proxy that is in use and
sometimes you need some "trial and error" ...

Maybe it would be useful to link from the manual to here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qnetworkproxy.html#ProxyType-enum

In my case I am using the "HttpProxy" which works fine with Squid.

Andreas

On Tue, May 5, 2009 4:32 pm, Stephan Holl wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> I would like to update the manual for the 1.1 release and need some
information about $subject.

> Could someone (probably the implementer) please fill the keywords with
some more content, so that we can describe it in a separate section
within the manual?

> * Default Proxy:
>
> * Socks5Proxy:
>
> * HttpProxy:
>
> * HttpCachingProxy:
>
> * FtpCachingProxy:
>
> TIA
>
> Best
>
> 	Stephan
>
> --
> Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer:  Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/
http://www.svgopen.org/

--