[Qgis-developer] QGIS-Trunk Python-Path error?

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed May 13 08:17:30 EDT 2009

I just installed QGIS-trunk -r10777 from svn. With ccmake I made the following settings:

BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL: off
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX: /usr/local/qgis_devel
WITH_BINDINGS: on

Compilation and installation process works fine. But when I start QGIS with

/usr/local/qgis_devel/bin/qgis

I get the following error message:

ImportError: /usr/local/qgis/share/qgis/python/qgis/core.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN16QgsDataSourceURI13setDataSourceERK7QStringS2_S2_S2_

I seems that QGIS points to the wrong directory for connecting the python bindings. The error path is  the path to a second QGIS 1.0.1 installation.

I remember, that this error occours when two independent qgis installations exists and BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL is set ton on.

What is the mistake??

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster