[Qgis-developer] OSGeo4W: Qgis 1.0.1

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Wed May 20 02:01:52 EDT 2009

Dear QGIS-devs,

currently I am using QGIS 1.0.1 from the OSGeo4W-packagefor a beginner cource.
I did not try the points with the recent releases of QGIS.

Some oddities were found:
* Transparent WMS-layers. The WMS-layers are not transparent, even if I force
  TRANSPARENT=true within the Connection-parameter-URL. With QGIS 1.0.0 it was
  possible though (both with PNG-formats).
* Using *.qml-files with saved styles work perfectly with shapefiles. If I
  place the saved *.qml-file with the identical name as the shapefile it gets
  picked up as soon as I load the shapefile. Where do I need to put
  the *.qml-file for a PostGIS-layer?
* Are the linetypes for classifying a boundary of a polygon extendable? The
  filling-pattern are extendable though.
* When I accidently delete the buttonbar of the printcomposer I cannot enable
  it again unless I restart the complete project again. Starting the
  printcomposer does not solve the problem.
* Projected shapefiles (with .prj-file) do not show the correct projection
  inside the metadata tab within the properties-dialog.

If you feel that some points above mentioned are bugs I am happy to create a
trac-ticket soon.

TIA for your comments.

Best regards

	Stephan
--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998