[Qgis-developer] OSGeo4W: Qgis 1.0.1

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri May 22 06:07:11 EDT 2009

Hi Stephan,

On Wed, 20. May 2009 at 08:01:52 +0200, Stephan Holl wrote:
> * Using *.qml-files with saved styles work perfectly with shapefiles. If I
>   place the saved *.qml-file with the identical name as the shapefile it gets
>   picked up as soon as I load the shapefile. Where do I need to put
>   the *.qml-file for a PostGIS-layer?

QML files are only for file based layers.  The defaults for other layers are
stored to the qgis.qmldb SQLite database in the .qgis directory
(%USERPROFILE%\.qgis on Windows and ~/.qgis on *x).

When a non file based layer qgis tries to load the defaults from the above
file, a file named like the project, but ending on .qmldb or the qgis.qmldb in
the qgis resources directory.

There's no UI to transfer the settings from the user's qgis.qmldb into the
project or resources database.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden