[Qgis-developer] 2 versions on the same machine

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:55:32 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> For some reason if I install 1.3 from packages and then go and build
> trunk with a prefix of /home/myuser/apps/, right after make install my
> 1.3 version starts getting the following error. Note that a simple make
> uninstall takes the system back to the way it was no python errors on
> 1.3 start. To me it seems like after the trunk install 1.3 is somehow
> reading something it shouldn't be, but what might that be.

Hi Alex

it looks like a bit weird mix of versions because 1.3 version from
packages tries to load PyQGIS from trunk version. Try removing all
your QGIS installation and also check whether there aren't any files
that would be left (mainly any c++ plugins or providers). And when
installing trunk version again, check the list of installed files if
it won't suggest anything.

Martin