[Qgis-developer] DLL not found

Echavarria Gregory, Maria Angelica m.echavarriagregory at umiami.edu
Mon Oct 12 21:41:31 EDT 2009

DEAR DEVELOPERS:

My error message when doing "from qgis.core import * " looks dumb but have not been able to crack it!!

I have my application ready to run. All your examples in the blog are being refused by the same DLL cause at the same line (even if I change the prefix, set the environment variables, add directories to my path, or run a .bat file that loads the variables). I have Python25 (PyWin32), Numpy, Scipy, etc, and PyQt 4.3 previously installed in my windows XP machine... is it a problem for QGIS to have all those previously installed? should I uninstall my Python to use the binary?

When I execute PyQgis applications from the Python console that comes inside QGIS they DO PASS THE IMPORT LINE OF THE TROUBLE. So where in my installation you think the problem is?

Thank you,
Angelica.

M. Angelica Echavarria-Gregory
Ph.D Candidate