[Qgis-developer] qgis2google

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Oct 21 19:11:47 EDT 2009

Hi

motta.luiz at gmail.com wrote:
> Maxim,
>
> I make one script in Arcmap for Synchronized Google Earth with View map
> of ArcMap, it is in :
> http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=15944
>
> The script is a VBA code, this made synchronized between windows arcmap
> with windows google earth, where, can move/zoom one windows and find
> this location in other windows.
>
> I think make same for QGis, but, i wil use Python, because permit use
> COM tecnology, for C++ with QT , i believe i need have commercial license.
> If you want help me,  we can make this funcionalty in QGis.

Could I make an appeal to you not to write code that is locked to a
single platform (e.g. COM). We take great pains to make GIS run on all
platforms and using proprietary technology such as COM undermines this
effort and perpetuates Microsofts monopoly....

Of course it also cuts your potential user base to just those using
windows when you could be making software that us millions of Linux QGIS
could enjoy too...

Regards

Tim