[Qgis-developer] Typo in QgsRasterLayer enum

Peter Ersts ersts at amnh.org
Mon Aug 9 15:22:21 EDT 2010

Howdy devs,

Last night  I was looking through the QgsRasterLayer code and noticed a
typo in the DrawingStyle enum that made it in during the major renaming
efforts  (r9564 & r9566) just before version 1.0 was released.

MultiBandSingleGandGray should be MultiBandsingleBandGray

Question is how do we go about fixing it and preserving compatibility?

I was thinking we would need to:
1) add the correctly spelled enum
2) use both enums where ever the incorrect one appears, example
if( QgsRasterLayer::MultiBandSingleGandGray )
becomes
if( QgsRasterLayer::MultiBandSingleGandGray ||
QgsRasterLayer::MultiBandsingleBandGray )
3) Wait until v2.0 to drop MultiBandSingleGandGray enum

-pete

--
Peter J. Ersts, Software Developer

Open Source,
...evolving through community cooperation to change the world bit by bit

Quantum GIS Raster Development Team.