[Qgis-developer] Edit UI doesn't load the field's value

Bernhard Ströbl Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de
Wed Dec 8 02:36:01 EST 2010

Dear Giuseppe,

no, I did not file a ticket for this, although I would support doing so.
If I customize the default edit-ui via "Layer Properties" - "Attributes"
and choose a "value map" for a numerical field the resulting ComboBox
shows the Strings I define but saves the values to the layer's table. I
had expected the same behaviour with a custom ui but nope.

Giuseppe Sucameli schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Bernhard Ströbl
> <Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de <mailto:Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de>> wrote:
>
>     I can confirm this behaviour QGIS 1.5/WinXP, data from PostGIS
>     database.
>
> Did you file a ticket yet?
>
>     My workaround is to have e.g. the QComboBox filled with values and
>     _additionally_ have a QTextLine named the same as the field in my
>     layer table holding the feature's current value. The QTextLine is
>     not visible to the user but gets changed if the user changes the
>     choice in the QComboBox by Qt'S Signal/Slot mechanism.
>
> You're right, I understand that a developer can use the initFunction and
> editForm
> from API to bypass the issue, but how can users do the same?

I do not think they can right now. They would need to do some Python
scripting, a very good descrtiption is here:
http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2010-January/008731.html

regards

Bernhard