[Qgis-developer] add postgis raster

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 14 10:22:16 EST 2010

Il 14/12/2010 11:47, Maurício de Paulo ha scritto:
> I've stumbled into a problem with some raster too. It seems like a gdal
> bug. But I could get it to work with the image available at:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/frmts_wtkraster.html
> Looks like gdal is still improving the non-regular raster reading and
> performance.

I'm using gdal 1.6, so this might be an issue. You are right, with the sample image
it works (getting some NULLs in areas where in the original we have 0, though -
should try with gdal 1.7).
So it is an issue with loading into PostGIS rather than with your plugin.

> Well.. then I'm going to release a new version with the same lib as
> pgmanager to make it easier to merge.

Fantastic, thanks.

> Hum... preview through pgmanager... I didn't think about it. Sounds
> good. I'm going to review the code and see what i can do to make it happen.

that would be great.
in the end, I think PG manager (or, better, DB manager) should be THE tool.

All the best.