[Qgis-developer] WMS tileset support

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Fri Jul 16 22:13:10 EDT 2010

Ok thanks. I looked at Geoserver's built in GWC, but I couldn't seem to get QGIS to work with it. I tried these URLs:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts?REQUEST=getcapabilities
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getcapabilities&TILED=true

and neither of them had the VendorSpecificCapabilities/TileSet tag.

I also tried the TMS service Capabilities but I could get that working:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0

it gave an error saying "Unknown layer 1.0.0. Check the logfiles, it may not have loaded properly".

If it's the TMS service I need for tile set support in QGIS then I may need to follow this up with either the Geoserver or the GWC guys, because I don't understand what is wrong here.

Cheers,
Jeremy