[Qgis-developer] bugfixing for 1.5

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 04:04:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I would suggest to release 1.5 only when ready. For this I would suggest
> to:
> - move all non-crucial-for-release, non-fixable (in the remaining time
> frame) bugs to a new tag (1.6)
> - concentrate on the remaining 1.5 bugs, and release only when all are
> fixed.
> I think releasing with known crucial bugs will not make our (now very
> large) user base happy.

Hi Paolo

I agree that the crucial bugs should be fixed before the release,
however at the same time we should have a deadline so that the release
won't be shifted indefinitely.

The list of important bugs is a must. As Marco has already noted, the
list has to be rather short (I suggest < 30 bugs) otherwise it will be
impossible to get to zero bugs. I would add that the critical bugs
must be confirmed by at least one more user and with clear
descriptions.

Bye
Martin