[Qgis-developer] QGIS plugin repo [was: Value Tool]

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 18 03:01:19 EDT 2010

On 06/16/2010 10:34 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 15/06/2010 22:24, Borys Jurgiel ha scritto:
>
>> I'm extremely busy till June 25th, then I'll join the battle. Now I can only
>> update the installer before the string freeze 21st.
>>
>> I think we can assume there are no objections to proceed :) There are only
>> three steps necessary now: the svn branch, the script and the manual trigger
>> for releasing. If we won't decide what to do with the privilege system, I can
>> manage them.
>
> Great. So let's postpone it after the 25th. The main issue remaining is: separate svn
> (always on osgeo, I hope) or a branch of the existing one?
> Any thoughts?
> As for permissions, I think it is good to have a permission master (Borys) and a
> backup one (I can do that, if nobody else pops up).
> Then we can set up an autopackaging (for experimental) + autoreleasing (for stable)
> script, possibly based on what we're using now at Faunalia.
> All the best.

I think we need the PSC to weigh in on what they would prefer in terms
of single or separate svn.

A permissions master, aka account approver would be ok. I think that's
how trac-hacks does it. We would need to some sort of plugin contributor
agreement I think and clear limits on what is/is not allowed (ie only
plugins with certain licensing would be permitted).

FYI, I also now have a test script that is working for bundling up a
directory of files with exclusion filters into a zip ready for upload.
I'm now working to turn it into a plugin, but the backend was designed
to work separate from the interface so it can easily be reused inside
trac. I'll be happy to post it as soon as we've got the repo going, in
the meantime if anyone wants to see the code let me know and I'll come
up with something.

Thanks,
Alex