[Qgis-developer] GoogleLayers

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Fri May 7 12:45:52 EDT 2010

> My problem is that the google layer never refreshes once it is loaded. I assume this is not the correct behavior, but maybe I am incorrect. Can anyone comment on this?

Each Google tile is loaded loaded as separate layer, so You need to
press button and load new layer again and again if You want another
tile. So You can finish with 100 layers loaded at the end. This plugin
is using Google maps static API, which was not build for flawless map
browsing (which is blocked from non-browsers by Google). Whole plugin
principle is nice hack.

Ivan