[Qgis-developer] problems with shapes projections, now also under linux

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Fri May 28 12:15:51 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using qgis trunk r13502 under ubuntu linux (10.04) and I'm seeing
problems with shapes projections:

When opening a shape qgis do not show the right crs in the "properties ->
general" menu, regardless if the vector projection is available in the qgis
crs list or not (in my case it shows wgs84 as defined in "options -> CRS").

This is similar to

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2601

as seen on windows, that by the way seems to me a show stopper on the road
to 1.5

Moreover when saving a shape ("save as...")  the .qpj file is saved in the
home folder instead of the choosen location.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --