[Qgis-developer] Minor Irritations

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Mon Nov 1 17:19:54 EDT 2010

Hi Borys,

See the comment under ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2938.

But in short the current keys are in use by the new selection tools:

alt key: When used switches from selection by intersects to selection by contains
control key: used for add features to the current selected set
shift key:  used for to subtract features from the current selected set

As you can see we have used up all of the practically available modifier keys.

Within the ticket I have added a new patch that allows the user to set the default selection method. For KDE or Gnome this at least allows users to set the main way they want to select features. Not perfect but at least functional. Maybe someone else has another idea?

Regards,
Jeremy