[Qgis-developer] porting QGIS to Android?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Sep 2 08:49:57 EDT 2010

+1 for Meego. It seems to be the more natural target, since Nokia is
owning qt and it will probably well supported. Also, the platform is more
open than Android.

I am not against Android, but I would have to choose in which platform to
invest (time or money) for QGIS mobile, I would prefer Meego.

Andreas

On Wed, September 1, 2010 10:16 pm, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
> I would personally wait a few months to see how much sucess the Meego
> platform
> (http://meego.com/) has. It is a very promising choice for "QGIS mobile",
> since it includes QT as the standard GUI library. It's supports Atom based
> netbooks and the first tablets are coming...
> Regards
> Pirmin
>
> P.S: As an Android owner I would naturally support a QGIS port ;-)
>
> Am Mittwoch, 1. September 2010, um 19.32:09 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
>> Hi all.
>> Android, although not really free, is a very interesting platform for
>> mobile. A range on cheap and reasonably powerful tablets has been
>> announced by various HW vendors, eg http://www.archos.com
>> Is anybody interested in porting QGIS to Android? Does anybody have an
>> idea
>> on how difficult this could be? What are the major issues, apart from
>> resizing the dialogs? Qt porting is underway:
>> http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/ but of course a number of
>> dependencies will have to be solved.
>> Any opinion?
>> All the best.
>

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Kind regards
>
> Pirmin Kalberer
> Sourcepole -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Elestastr. 18   7310 Bad Ragaz  Switzerland
> Tel: 081 330 77 11       Fax: 081 330 77 12
> pka at sourcepole.ch  http://www.sourcepole.ch

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/
http://www.svgopen.org/