Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

Matthew Denno mgdenno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:22:57 EDT 2010

Forgot to reply all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Denno <mgdenno at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6
To: William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com>

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com
> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Matthew Denno wrote:
>
> > Last night I downloaded the 64bit Qt library-only package (The SDK didn't
> say if it was 32 or 64 bit).  I went through the Installation Guide again
> and this time was able to get past the SIP/PyQt installs following the
> guide.  The only thing I had to do that wasn't in the guide was add the
> non-framework path to PYTHONPATH in my .bash-profile.
> >
> > PYTHONPATH='/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages'
> > export PYTHONPATH
> >
> Even that should not be necessary.  That path is wired into the system
> python.  If you installed and use the python.org python, it's not set
> there, but then you should compile python extensions into it's
> site-packages.

Oh.  Okay.  I have the python.org version installed. so my SIP/PyQt
configure should have "-d
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/python2.6/site-packages"
not "-d /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages"

I am still figuring out the whole OS X directory structure and though that
that was the system python...not realizing that there is a python at
/System/Library/...  As a result I have SIP/PyQt split into two places.
None in the System Python but in both other locations mentioned above.

I guess I have some clean-up to do.