[Qgis-developer] new plugin scenario

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 05:20:26 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:

>> Theoretically you don't need to create a project on github - when
>> registered on hub.qgis you should be able to get git repository
>> directly there. However obviously something is wrong with the server
>> settings, since the read-only URLs for repositories listed for various
>> plugins are not working, e.g.
>> $ git clone http://qgis.org/git/file-browser.git
>> Cloning into file-browser...
>> fatal: http://qgis.org/git/file-browser.git/info/refs not found: did
>> you run git update-server-info on the server?
>>
>> Similarly the developer URL requires a password for 'gitosis' user and
>> it is not clear what password to enter.
>>
>> @Pirmin / Alex - any  idea what's going on?
>>

> Did you upload your pubkey?
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/my/public_keys

No I didn't. Now after adding my public key and trying e.g.
$ git clone gitosis at qgis.org:metaedit.git
I get correctly asked for my passphrase for the private key. But then
the cloning fails:

ERROR:gitosis.serve.main:Repository read access denied

Probably only people marked as project developers are able to read the
repository?

For the record, the read-only URL fails with this error message:

$ git clone http://qgis.org/git/metaedit.git
Cloning into metaedit...
fatal: http://qgis.org/git/metaedit.git/info/refs not found: did you
run git update-server-info on the server?

Martin