[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Re: ecw problems

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 07:42:22 EST 2011

It seems we are allowed to ship the ecw read-only SDK on windows:

"For avoidance of doubt, this Agreement does not permit You to (a) use the
ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK
Desktop Read-Only to create or distribute Server Applications or SDKs; (b)
use the ERDAS ECW/JP2
SDK Desktop Read-Only to create Libraries; or (c) distribute header files
or .lib Library files included in
the ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK Desktop Read-Only. You _may_ distribute with your End
Application any
dynamically loadable object Libraries (.dll files) that are included in the
“redistributables” directory of
the ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK Desktop Read-Only, and are used by your End
Application.
"
I suggest that we do this. ecw is a pretty popular format and it doesn't
look good on us to tell people to go to the ERDAS site to download
something that may or may not work if ERDAS change the version under us.

- Nathan