[Qgis-developer] Announcing the release of a Windows installer for CAPS Scenario Builder

Bob English bobengl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:36:10 EST 2011

Hi All,

As I've described before on this list, CAPS Scenario Builder is a PyQGIS
desktop application that will allow government officials, conservation
groups and others to submit 'Scenarios' of proposed infrastructure changes
to the CAPS team in csv format.  The scenarios are then run through the CAPS
environmental modeling computer system, and "this process results in a final
"Index of Ecological Integrity" (IEI) for each point in the landscape."

Once again, I want to thank all those who work on or have contributed to
QGIS.  It is an amazing resource. Also, I have already thanked Aaron Radicot
for his work on the PyQGIS application "OpenOceanMap," which made the
development of CAPS Scenario builder much easier.  I hope the CAPS
application will make some contribution to the QGIS community effort.  For
the email archives, the application contains a number of tools that I was
not able to find in any of the available Python plugins for QGIS.  These
subclassed map tools include: select features,  identify features, add
points, add lines and add polygons.  The app also has deselect features,
delete selected, copy selected, paste selected and code for displaying
vector attribute tables.  It uses the GeoTux "layer list widget" and the
1.71 API with V2 rendering and use of the QgsRuleBasedRendererV2.  It also
has a system for fairly sophisticated "graying out" of buttons that cannot
be used in the current application state. Finally, it was made into a
Windows installer using py2exe and the Inno Setup 5 installer.  All the code
is very heavily commented.

The app can be downloaded at
https://github.com/EcoGIS/CAPS-Scenario-Builder/downloads

Thanks again,