[Qgis-developer] Setting up the dev-tools

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:30:55 EST 2011

Hello all,

I have previously mailed asking for directions regarding the heatmap plugin
development. Most people seemed to like the idea of having it to be done
using the native C++ over Python. With GPRS as my primary source of
internet, somehow I have manged to get the entire repo in my machine now. I
tried going through the INSTALL docs, and the total dev tools that I need
to download amounts to a staggering 465 MB. Which means it would take many
days of work for me to set up. Hence I would like to ask you guys of any
shorter route to test things out. Since I would be writing only separate
plugin, is it possible to test/debug the thing separately without a
complete compilation process involving all the tools?

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in
IRC Nick: teco