[Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Dec 15 18:14:13 EST 2011

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:31:56 +0100
> From: Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Plugin reorganization (again)
> To: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Il 15/12/2011 06:38, Alister Hood ha scritto:
> > Even with all the plugins in one menu they can be hard to find -
> there
> > are tickets about this:
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4069
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/1734
> >
> > Do you think my latest suggestion at #4069 would work?:
> Hi all.
> Why not adding a compulsory tag "section": raster, vector, database,
> web, miscellaneous?
> All the best.

Will that really be enough to solve the problem of finding how to run a
plugin?

Some plugins are accessed from a category in the plugins menu, but
others create their own menu, or just install toolbar buttons, either in
the plugins toolbar or in a standard toolbar.  Maybe some are accessed
from a standard menu other than the plugins menu.
The tags you propose and the names of the standard menus and the names
of the standard toolbars don't match up.
The tooltip on each toolbar button would describe what it does, but
might not mention the name of the plugin...