[Qgis-developer] icons and styles

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Tue Feb 22 16:08:42 EST 2011

W dniu 22.02.2011 10:00, Alex Mandel pisze:
> On 02/22/2011 12:50 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I think we should provide an opportunity for uploading sets of icons and
>> styles, on the same infrastructure that we are going to use for plugins.
>> I'd appreciate comments on this.
>> All the best.

Hi Alex,

> My plan at this
> point is to then use a Django app to catalog the keywords tags from a
> specific field in the svg xml into a searchable database and then
> replicate this functionality locally as a plugin (possibly future core
> item in symbology).

As we discussed before I agree with your idea. This seems to be well
scalable and interoperable solution.
I'm also very interested in such infrastructure, so you can rely on me
building both applications.

> The whole thing is still in the very early stages so I welcome
> conversation on the topic and invite others to join OSGeo graphics to
> really find a multi-app solution for the FOSS GIS community. It will
> probably be a few months before we get anything up on the website, since
> there are much higher priorities for the plugin site that still need to
> be done.

I will start working with new map icons set in May-June. But there are
many issues to discuss in the meantime on OSGeo graphics concerning your
concept.

regards,
Robert