[Qgis-developer] Re: SDA4PP Kernel density troubleshooting

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:25:00 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 03:26 -0700, DartVader wrote:
> Hi, thanks again for your quick reply and at the same time I appologize for
> my late answer.
>
> I went through your video tutorial many times to be sure, that I didnt do
> anything wrong and doing so, after start of a home_range plugin and any type
> of calculation I bumped to an *error msg*:
>

> R error (please consult its documentation) is:
> Error in function (x, method = c("mcp", "href", "lscv", "hadj", "clusthr",
> :
>   This procedure requires adehabitat to be installed
>

> I don't get it, really.

is not that hard, there are qgis plugins that R based, and this usually
means that you MUST install a number of *R* libraries and their
dependencies. If Windows make things hard is not QGIS fault.

> After all I upgraded to a gqis 1.7.0 and R 2.11.1
> and did everything like shown in the video. And eventhough I have Windows
> XP, I copied the R libraries into a different location (also by that time,
> replaced the original path to the R in the windows PATH by the new one. It
> must be also said, the I tried to run home_range with the original path and
> after the change, and still with same results.)

If you have XP then you don't need at all to move the R libraries, only
Vista and Seven.

> And also the adehabiat, I installed it like for three times, although I
> didn't have to. It was succesfully installed the first time. So, the
> home_range plugin doesn't work for me now.

adehabitat is a dependency for the Home Range plugin, not for SDA4PP.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --