[Qgis-developer] Qgis access control question

David Silva Barrera dsilva at uci.cu
Wed Mar 16 17:21:01 EDT 2011

I want a Qgis personalization where qgis must take care of socioeconomic
data for multiple users with different access level for both geographic and
socioeconomic data. For example an Analist just view and calculate areas and
stadistics, but a Map-Administrator is responsible for updating new elements
on maps, or modifying attributes.

For this typical scenario I prefer to apply control anywhere possible, so,
just show the user the permitted functionalities, just allow executing
related methods and just perform source-data access/modify right operations.

But, for example, qgisinterface is too open and will always be a restriction
about security while it's strength for extensibility.

Regards,
David