[Qgis-developer] new ubuntu compile problem

Luiz Motta motta.luiz at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:08:45 EDT 2011

Marco,

I just upgraded to ubuntu 11.04 and had the same problem about
SIP(Couldn't load PyQGIS....)

I am running perfectly QGIS, to this i follow this steps:

1) Remove all files and directories in 'build' directory

2) Inside 'build' directory:
2.1) Set the makefile:
sudo ccmake ..
2.2) Make and install QGIS
sudo make
sudo make install

* in my case, i made update of sources(checkout from SVN)

3) Install the OSGEO binding for Python
sudo apt-get install python-gdal
* when updated the ubuntu, the system removed the OSGEO binding

Hope it helps.

Luiz