[Qgis-developer] INSTALL doc and svn/git

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun May 8 12:55:28 EDT 2011

While looking over the Mac build instructions for 1.7 release, I realized the whole SVN section will have to be changed to be about git.

Then it occurred to me - why are we mentioning getting source from svn (now git) at all for a release?  This is in a released source package.  Of course, svn/git applies to trunk (now master).

Maybe to accomodate both a release and git the body platform sections could be about release packages, with reference to a separate section at the end (after all platform sections) that covers git for those interested.  That would also reduce some redundancy in describing git setup and commands.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect