[Qgis-developer] INSTALL doc and svn/git

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun May 8 15:46:01 EDT 2011

Hi William

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> While looking over the Mac build instructions for 1.7 release, I realized the whole SVN section will have to be changed to be about git.
>
> Then it occurred to me - why are we mentioning getting source from svn (now git) at all for a release?  This is in a released source package.  Of course, svn/git applies to trunk (now master).
>
> Maybe to accomodate both a release and git the body platform sections could be about release packages, with reference to a separate section at the end (after all platform sections) that covers git for those interested.  That would also reduce some redundancy in describing git setup and commands.

Yeah or we should just move all git related stuff into CODING.t2t
which is intended for developers (who are probably more likely to
actually care about such things)....and just put a note referring to
that file in the INSTALL.t2t docs.

Regards

Tim

> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."
>
> - Ford Prefect

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux