[Qgis-developer] where is QGIS_PLUGINPATH defined?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun May 8 15:51:02 EDT 2011

Hi

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
<ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Sorry for the newbish question:
> I remember reading somewhere online about the QGIS_PLUGINPATH
> environment variable and thinking it was a cool idea. I set it up to
> point to my local development folder.
> Now I want to disable it to test some improvements on a plugin, but I
> don't remember where it is set...
>
> I've checked ~/.bashrc, ~/.profile, /etc/environment and I couldn't find it.
>
> So I'm thinking this online source where I remember reading about this
> variable probably had some tip on how to set it up. Maybe it is even
> inside one of Qgis's internal folders. Anyone knows where it is
> defined?

timlinux at vaoi:~/dev/cpp/qgis-github-clone$ egrep -R QGIS_PLUGINPATH src/*
src/python/qgspythonutilsimpl.cpp:  // plugin dirs passed in
QGIS_PLUGINPATH env. variable have highest priority (usually empty)
src/python/qgspythonutilsimpl.cpp:  const char* cpaths = getenv(
"QGIS_PLUGINPATH" );
src/python/qgspythonutilsimpl.h:    //! return a list of extra plugins
paths passed with QGIS_PLUGINPATH environment variable

No it is only read. I suggest using a command similar to above to
search your home directory to see if it has been set somewhere.

Regards

Tim

> Thanks

 * QGIS programming and support services