[Qgis-developer] GIT open for pull requests on master

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon May 9 04:55:21 EDT 2011

Hi

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> The ability to work on QGIS is truly
>> democratised with GIT and the purpose of committers to the core repo
>> should (in my eyes) be just to perform a final screening for code
>> quality etc before it makes its way into the repository.
>
> It sounds nice, but are you sure that core developers have enough
> time/will to do that? It is quite boring, it is not a typical work for
> volunteer enthusiasts. I worry that non critical patches can be left
> not applied.

Yes. On the other hand there are quite a few committers in the list
who are not very if at all active anymore. If they come back to the
project after a long period of activity it would be nice to make sure
they are up to speed with our plans and intentions before they
directly change code again.

>> If you are an existing svn committer and feel strongly about wanting
>> to have direct commit access to the master repo, please speak up now.
>
> I don't feel "strongly wanting" but I would like to ask for write
> access: github account 'blazek'.

Added...though I was bitterly disappointed to see your account doesnt
have a little mugshot picture associated with it :-)

Regards

Tim

> Radim

 * QGIS programming and support services