[Qgis-developer] Projection widget improvement

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Nov 17 04:06:46 EST 2011

On 2011-11-17 08:21, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I think the projection widget should be improved, by having the search
> filtering the projections rather than moving to the next matching (as it
> happens e.g. in the plugin list). Also, it would be good to have the
> search working in both fields (people often overlook the search field
> selector). Finally, the internal projection ID could be hidden (I do not
> see any use of it for the user).
> If agreed, it's a trivial change.

Paolo: make it a feature request please, so people can add stuff.

For me, for example: I would want to set the focus to the 'find' button
as soon as you try to type something into the find-text input.
Now I always find myself typing a code and then hitting <enter> without
result (because 'apply' apparently has focus: you really have to click
the <find>  button.

And why not make a general find: why must I choose between both
Authority and Name/Id. There are not so much combinations: just search
over al fields please! So we can remove the two dropdowns?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde