[Qgis-developer] Why I'm not going to use hub.plugins.org for my plugins

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:15:45 EST 2011

2011/11/21 Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Two reasons:
>>
>> once you create a project you cannot delete id:
>> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4546
>>

> I'm not sure if redmine can be set up so that a user can only delete
> their own created projects. If not we would need to use some other
> approach e.g. file a ticket.

This seems like a serious limitation in the ACL.
I won't use something I can't control... but maybe it's just me.

>> I cannot create a subproject of "User Contributed Plugins"
>> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4545
>>

> According to your profile, you have 'manager' role which should allow
> you to create subprojects. Can you post me a screenshot of what you
> see under:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/<your project>/settings ?

this is the page where I'm supposed to see the "Create subproject" link.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/28xeouiw/redmine_subprj.png

Thank you Tim for helping.

More generally speaking, if we want to push plugin authors to use the
central hub we need to make this app work really smoothly. We cannot
pretend that a user creates a project then start opening tickets every
time he need to change something: frustration guaranteed.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it