[Qgis-developer] Why is scrolling in the attribute table so slow?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 24 05:57:17 EST 2011

 Hi,

 I am wondering why scrolling in the QGIS attribute table is so
 extremely slow.

 My attribute table is not very big: 351 rows by 23 columns. I have a
 rather fast machine (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win7),

 The same table in pgAdmin scrolls very fast (like in Excel or
 Openoffice), in QGIS, the refresh rate while scrolling vertically is
 approx. once per second, when scrolling horizontally I get an update
 every 2 seconds? Too slow for my taste and my users.

 Is there any room for improvements?

 I think this is a serious issue if already such small tables are so
 slow. Real data can have hundreds of thousands of records or millions

 Thanks if you have any ideas.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A