[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] New QGIS logo

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Nov 27 07:03:26 EST 2011

Hi All

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Mars Sjoden <marsofearth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just wondering what is wrong with the current QGIS icon/symbol?
> Are there some complaints about it's design?
> It currently seems simple, scalable, representative,
> and recognizable amongst those who currently are using QGIS.
> signed,

As the discussion that follows your email suggests, we are just
thinking about a 'refresh' rather then a revolution neccessarily. An
it if the new isnt better than the old, we will just stick with what
we have. Here is some food for thought:

http://best-ad.blogspot.com/2008/08/evolution-of-logos.html

Regards

Tim