[Qgis-developer] Installed Qgis on Ubuntu - what do I do next?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Oct 15 22:24:25 EDT 2011

Once your service is up and running any WMS client can consume it.
Quickest way to test, add the WMS layer to QGIS. There are lots of other
options out there desktop, web, etc.

The most common web client being Openlayers, this will require work on
your part, mainly a few lines of javascript in a web page. You might be
able to use it directly in Geocommons or in Mapfish (also takes setup).

I believe there is work on a qgis-web-client but nothing I know of that
can be installed and run out of the box yet.

All kind of depends on your end goal, is it to produce a web page and/or
provide a WMS for others to connect to?

Enjoy,
Alex