[Qgis-developer] Expression based labeling

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:58:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is whether it ever makes sense to disable multiline
> labels. Therefore for the simplicity of the GUI I would suggest to
> remove the option completely and always keep it on... unless there is
> a case when multiline labels should be explicitly disabled?

I agree. I can't really think of a use case where you wouldn't need it on
always.  Looking at the code it seems that adding the direction symbol to
the label doesn't work with multiline labels.

Maybe just enable it by default for now, fix the direction symbol stuff,
remove it....wait for someone to bring it up as a issue.

- Nathan