[Qgis-developer] 1.7.1 Branch created

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sun Sep 11 14:48:18 EDT 2011

Le 08/09/2011 00:14, Tim Sutton a écrit :
> Hi Folks
>
> I have created a branch for 1.7.1.
>
> git branch --track release-1_7_1 origin/release-1_7_1
>
> Origin being the main git repo. It would be great if folks would
> test it compiles on their platform and generally behaves ok.
>
> I have a few more things to change before we tag it for the 1.7.1
> release.
>
> Please consider the old 1_7_0 branch permanently frozen and apply
> any backports to the 1.7.1 branch.
>
> After the release, I will immediately branch 1.7.2 so that it is a
> bit more obvious which branch should be on the receiving end of your
> backports.
>
> Best regards

Hi Tim,

Could you tell me how to correctly add this branch to my local repo ?
I've been trying checkout/fetch/pull release-1_7_1 from origin or
upstream but it always gets ugly when merging.

The changes I would like to make are already in master but as I didn't
use properly the BACKPORT tag they're not in this branch, one could be
directly merged from master (doc/TRANSLATORS).

Regards,
Jean Roc