[Qgis-developer] 1.7.1 Branch created

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Sep 11 15:19:21 EDT 2011

Hi

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM, MORREALE Jean Roc
<jr.morreale at enoreth.net> wrote:
> Le 08/09/2011 00:14, Tim Sutton a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I have created a branch for 1.7.1.
>>
>> git branch --track release-1_7_1 origin/release-1_7_1
>>
>> Origin being the main git repo. It would be great if folks would
>> test it compiles on their platform and generally behaves ok.
>>
>> I have a few more things to change before we tag it for the 1.7.1
>> release.
>>
>> Please consider the old 1_7_0 branch permanently frozen and apply
>> any backports to the 1.7.1 branch.
>>
>> After the release, I will immediately branch 1.7.2 so that it is a
>> bit more obvious which branch should be on the receiving end of your
>> backports.
>>
>> Best regards
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Could you tell me how to correctly add this branch to my local repo ? I've
> been trying checkout/fetch/pull release-1_7_1 from origin or upstream but it
> always gets ugly when merging.

git branch --track release-1_7_1 origin/release-1_7_1

Above should do it for you then after that:

git checkout release-1_7_1
git pull origin release-1_7_1

> The changes I would like to make are already in master but as I didn't use
> properly the BACKPORT tag they're not in this branch, one could be directly
> merged from master (doc/TRANSLATORS).

If you can identify the commit id of your original commit, you can
simply use cherry-pick to apply it (while inside the release branch):

git cherry-pick <hash>

Then push it up to the release branch:

git push origin release-1_7_1

Hope that helps!