[Qgis-developer] New Labeling:

Andrew Chapman andrew.chapman at donkagen.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 10:58:20 EDT 2011

I'm trying to find a way to use data defined positioning with the new
labelling to replicate what is possible in the old labelling, namely
aligning and rotating about the point specified for a layer.
With the new labelling, fields have to be selected for label distance X & Y
coordinates before the horizontal & vertical alignment plus rotation are
enabled. Is there a logical reason why alignment and rotation aren't
available by default?
I tried creating a dummy field (always NULL values) and selecting it for
distance, X & Y. This enables the other fields (to the extent that I can
select them), but they seem to have no effect.
Am I missing something or do I need to file a bug report?

Andrew