[Qgis-developer] error in 1-band plugin

Benoit benoit-3 at bc-consult.com
Sun Sep 25 13:12:31 EDT 2011

Hi again Giovanni,

On 25/09/11 15:16, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
> Hi Benoit,

>>> This workaround works.
>> I'm not sure if Paolo hit an other bug?
>
> I don't think so. It would be hard to update the plugin in order to
> delete this file when exiting the tool?
In fact the plugin is trying to read the bccPAL1 file to get the
histogram object. This was done before the changes to the raster API
committed not so long ago. I suppose this file is now obsolete as I can
read the xml (histogram) file generated when QGIS reads a raster file.
Still thinking how best to go about it...
> I have to give a training course starting from tomorrow and I would like
> to show your plugin, that -for what it is worth- I still think should be
> integrated into core QGIS.
Sorry, it is too late for me to provide an updated version of the
plugin, will see what I can do tomorrow.
I think Tim was working on a C++ equivalent but I do not know how far he
as gone on this path, Tim?
> Another thing I noticed now is that when opening the tool it seems to
> ignore the already available .txt colormaps (they do not show in the
> dropdown).
In fact the plugin does not remember what colour tables it has already
created and does not read the txt files either. This could be something
to add, thanks.
The dropdown listbox is filled every time you click 'Create' and emptied
when the plugin exits.

Cheers,
Benoit