[Qgis-developer] No data value in raster transparency list

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:59:38 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Radim
>
> Nodata should be rendered transparent in most cases. But it could also be
> possible you want to render it differently. E.g. the interpolation plugin
> writes nodata value in case it encounters numerical problems. Then it is
> useful to have the nodata values coloured to see where problems happened.

There are other standard ways to highlight nodata:
- set background color
- set nodata pixels to a different value (r.null) and assign a color to it

If you and other users insist that it should be possible to render
nodata with a color, we have to add support for it in GUI (set color)
and renderers. Currently there is no such support.

Radim