[Qgis-developer] No data value in raster transparency list

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Aug 24 01:49:14 PDT 2012

Hi Radim

I don't have a strong opinion about wether to show nodata value in
transparency list in the GUI or not. After all, the renderer sees only
the transparency list and does not care which of them is the nodata
value (except for the decision if the renderer is using transparency or
not).

If you think it is a big useability plus to hide that from the user,
that's ok for me.

>we have to add support for it in GUI (set color)
>and renderers. Currently there is no such support.

There is. If you e.g. have -9999 as nodata value and configure
singleband pseudocolor renderer to render this as red, you can do it in
the dialog.

>There are other standard ways to highlight nodata:
>- set background color
>- set nodata pixels to a different value (r.null) and assign a color to it

Yes, but it is less convenient. But nodata analysis does not happen to
often for me, so I could live with a workaround.

Regards,
Marco