[Qgis-developer] No data value in raster transparency list

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 02:07:46 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Radim
>
> I don't have a strong opinion about wether to show nodata value in
> transparency list in the GUI or not. After all, the renderer sees only the
> transparency list and does not care which of them is the nodata value
> (except for the decision if the renderer is using transparency or not).

As I removed nodata from transparency list, I also added nodata check
to renderers.

> If you think it is a big useability plus to hide that from the user, that's
> ok for me.

It is a bit confusing I think, especially with no data values added
internally by QGIS (out of data range). But especially it would be
problem if for example, original data type is integer, but QGIS
internally uses float, in that case it would not be possible to use
QIntValidator in transparency list.

>> we have to add support for it in GUI (set color)
>> and renderers. Currently there is no such support.
>
> There is. If you e.g. have -9999 as nodata value and configure singleband
> pseudocolor renderer to render this as red, you can do it in the dialog.

Yes, but with gray and RGB?

Radim