[Qgis-developer] OGR2Layers Plugin - Output textbox directory is not active in QGIS 1.8 Mac OS X

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 00:19:43 PDT 2012

Hi Luca,

The plugin try to write in /Applications folder in Mac OS X.

It manage to write the geojson files but not the index.html file. I
just find the geojson files there now.

Yes, I replicated this error in Mac OS X, I tried 3 files. The same
happened, trying to write in Applications folder when I am trying to
exit (close the plugin windows).

/Applications folder is system privilege only, sudo user only in Mac
OS X. It reserve for Applications only, not document or data.

It seems that the contour plugin is also doing the same. The output
directory is also disabled since it is trying to write in
/Applications folder which read only.

MMQGIS plugin shows the default directory as /Application folder when
I am trying to export the attribute table of shapefile.

Any Mac OS users try to replicate this error?

Thanks.

Noli