[Qgis-developer] Sextante add new algorithm to toolbox

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Dec 11 00:27:38 PST 2012

> 2012/12/11 Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:
>> You need to expose your algorithm is provider. Open file FToolsAlgorithmProvider.py, add import statement with your new alg
>> (use existing statements as example) and then in __init__ method
>> add your algorithm to algorithms list — variable self.alglist.

Thanks Alexander! That worked perfectly.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you algorithm is of general interest and you don't mind sharing it,
> we can put it in the SEXTANTE code and distribute it along with the
> other ftools algorithms.

It's a very simple modification. Instead of providing the algorithm
with a fixed number of points to insert into the geometry, I made it
calculate how many points it needs to put one at every interval step.

I'll test some more and send it to you later if you don't mind. Or
should I go the Github way?

Best wishes,
Anita